Wednesday 19 August 2009

Bit of Footie...

Due to other commitments, just didn't get around to any trading yesterday.

Today I took the decision to dabble on the nights premiership games. I wanted to play in each of the 4 premiership matches, but had no plan as to what markets to choose. In I blindly blundered, no checking stats sites or any stuff like that. The outcome of my selections were as follows;

Burnley v Man Utd - backed £2 on Under 2.5 goals. Had Sky Sports News on, and the opening pace of the game appeared to indicate goals - lost my bottle, and got out after only 5 mins - 2p profit.

Hull v Spurs - again backed £2 on Under 2.5 goals. Got out before the first goal - 15p profit.

Birmingham v Portsmouth - backed £2 on the 0-0 in the Correct score market. Thought this would have few goals. Would have made a great profit if my bottle hadn't gone after about 12 mins. Still made 27p profit though.

Liverpool v Stoke - just for a change £2 back bet on Under 2.5 goals. Damn, a goal after 4 mins, and I was starring at a loss of about £1.30. So, I decided to back again once the market settled. Layed a few ticks lower, and repeated. Final outcome only -1p loss before the goals flew in. Decent escape me thinks.

So, with a couple of minor raids on the horses and dogs - I know what about sticking to one market only - but hey ho, no harm done on this occasion. Anyway, screenshot of the day below 50p profit overall.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! You could also try laying the draw, then after the first goal goes in exit the trade.
    An example of one I did today was laying the draw with £10 at odds of 6.5, after the first goal went in the price shot up to 9.5, so I walked away with just under £5 profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Westie, but got burnt with that one a few years ago when I was new to Betfair. Perhaps it was just my stupid match selection, or crappy luck but didn't do it for me. When a goal did go in, it always seemed to be the outsider, and the draw odds never shifted much.

    ReplyDelete