Monday 10 August 2009

Butterfly Effect ...

Tonight a mix of 11 Horse and Dog markets traded. P&L at the end of the night +0.03p.

I really must learn not to keep jumping from one type of market to another, hence the title of this post. Currently using Fairbot as my main trading tool, and when I am trading horses, I have the trading box ticked so that it will automatically fire off into the market a tick either way depending on whether I have backed or layed. Now, for dogs, due to the gap in the market, I usually uncheck this option thus giving me more freedom to steal extra ticks - not today, I forgot, fired off a back bet, did not notice the auto lay bet, then layed at the odds I wanted, but of course by then both lays got matched, the extra back that now fired in was now out of sight, and I needed to red up and run away before the off - nightmare.

So, morale of this post, stick to one type of market with your software set appropriately !!!

Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment