Thursday 6 August 2009

What a muppet !!!









First session over and it all ended in a massive anti climax due to tiredness and a heavy mouse finger. Yes, you guessed it, ended up backing 3 times, all getting matched, then the prices drifted out quicker than Linford Christie.

The P&L's are posted, and they do not make pretty reading.

I have learnt many things today;

  • Take regular breaks - every one of my bigger losses came at a time when I needed to step back re-focus, and re-charge the noggin. (Except the first trade of the day - I was just too eager!)
  • My concentration was terrible, I found myself jumping between the Dogs and the Nags at far too frequent intervals - the P&L shows that.
  • Definitely ensure that you only have your trading software open, and nothing else. Checking those emails in between markets is not good.
  • The one pleasing outcome was that I never let any trades go in play - most satisfying.
So, enough for tonight.

I will take the positives from the learning points, and tomorrow is another day.

Good job that extra 6 quid or so was in the bank, made up for the howler on the last trade that made me down tools for the night and head for the TV remote...

No comments:

Post a Comment