Saturday 15 August 2009

Dripping Tap...

Is what I feel my Betfair project is like at present, as the pennies are starting to ooze away.

Only a 3p loss overall from the markets played, but still a huge problem as to why loss races are far greater than profitable ones.

Tale of the evenings trading as follows;

Horse Racing / Newm 14th Aug : 1m2f Cond Stks -£0.04
Horse Racing / Catt 14th Aug : 6f Nursery £0.09
Horse Racing / Kemp 14th Aug : 7f Mdn Stks £0.10
Horse Racing / Catt 14th Aug : 1m4f Mdn Stks £ -
Horse Racing / Newm 14th Aug : To Be Placed -£0.04
Horse Racing / Newm 14th Aug : 1m Hcap £ -
Horse Racing / Kemp 14th Aug : 1m2f Mdn Stks £0.11
Horse Racing / Catt 14th Aug : 1m4f Hcap -£0.30
Horse Racing / Newc 14th Aug : 5f Hcap £0.05

3 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    Just came across your blog...very interesting read. All the best!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, very similar to the results i got when I started with £20

    I too have the problem where my losses are usually 2 or 3 times more than my biggest profit, I think my problem is that I'am not confident enough to stay in a trade and follow a swing, I just scalp small profits but when the market goes against me I'am relucant to take a loss, the price then goes way out before I finally give in, then to add insult to injury it usually comes back again.

    Keep at it mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Westie - I think you are spot on with your analysis. That is exactly what happens, and as you say as soon as you finally admitt defeat and take the bigger than necessary loss, the darn price comes back in your favour again - sods law !!!

    ReplyDelete