Sunday 9 August 2009

Interesting day...

Not much time to commit today, so with the Charity Shield about half an hour before kick off I jumped on my PC to initially check the U / O 2.5 goals market. I has read somewhere that this market does tend to steam in a little prior to KO, so I backed under 2,5 goals with my £2 stake.

Needless to say, come KO time, the price had not come in for me, and I was in fact a number of ticks worse off. Nevermind, off I blundered to the Correct Score market, and backed the 0-0 for £2 as soon as it went in play, and the market had settled. Always find that you can back at an extra tick if you wait, as opposed to getting on before the start.

8 mins - my Correct Score market had fallen a few ticks, Man Utd were pressing, so I hedged for a 14p profit across the market. Over to the under 2.5 goals, and this was showing about 8 to 9 pence profit, make it 10p and I will hedge I said to myself. Seconds later it was all over - goal from Nani - doh! Waited for the market to return, then redded up for a -69p loss.

What would you all do now? Despite the "red effect", I backed again for £2, then layed a few ticks lower, got matched, hedged, and repeated. The game was still going to produce goals, and I did not want to push my luck, so decided to call it a day at a -38p loss, which was further reduced by the profit from the correct score market.

Annoyance factor - I hate the time delay on the soccer markets, so frustrating. Can any of you tell me why it needs to be so long?

On a brighter note, whilst waiting for the match to start, I opened up the Horse racing, and played the next 3 races. All trading winners, making a nice 35p profit from my little £2 dabbles. The markets were obviously less liquid today, so I found it easier to read I think. Or has some of my time spent researching methods finally paid off. We shall see.

That's it for today, real work beckons, so next trading will be the evening races tomorrow night.

Oh yes, here's the P&L

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these updates, it´s good to read about someone testing this at the same level I am at.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony, yes you can read all the e-books, blogs, forums, and watch videos until the cows come home, but there is no substitute for the real thing.

    Live green and prosper my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete